Sage 50—U.S. Edition
- How do I perform an Sage 50 Automatic Backup?
- Set up automatic backup
- How to configure automatic backup utility
IMPORTANT: For the automatic backups to run successfully, all the following points must be TRUE:
- The Automatic configuration need to be setup on the pc wherein the statistics/Data is stored
- That pc need to be on on the time that the backup is scheduled to run.
- The Save Backup vacation spot need to be on a drive, not on a community/Network location.
- Sage 50 Company can’t be in active use.
If the above conditions are not met, the backup will not be created.
If all the above points are true, proceed with the setup below:
- With Sage 50 open, click File, Automatic Backup. The Automatic Backup Configuration also can be opened from the Start menu or the use of the computer icon.
- Click Browse beside Company listing and pick out the organization listing. See Article 10199: How to discover organization/company directories.
- Click Browse beside Save Backup to and select the folder to save the backup files in.
- If the organization/company has users set up:
- Enter the Sage 50 user name
- Enter the Password
- Confirm the password
- Click Verify User Details
- Under Include, if available:if preferred:
- Check Company call with inside the backup report call (advocated if the use of greater than 1 Sage 50 organization).
- Press Archived companies
- Check Attachments(recommended if attaching files, such as PDFs or images, to transactions or maintenance records)
- Under If a backup report already exists, pick out the preferred backup choice. It is suggested to use Automatically create a brand new backup report. This choice will create a brand new backup report if a backup report of the equal call exists with inside the backup place while the automated backup is execute.
- Check Log out customers previous to running backup (advocated however now no longer required).
- Click Save.
- Choose a save location and a File Name for the configuration file. The organization/company directory is recommended.
- Click Save.
- Click Schedule.
- Select the desired backup schedule (weekly backups are recommended)
- Click OK.
- When prompted for a password, enter the password for the Windows account and click OK.
- Click Save.
After Save,Then follow the below steps:
- For the automated backups to finish successfully, Sage 50 does now no longer want to be open, however Windows have to be logged in on the laptop that created the backup configuration report; for this reason, it is suggested to carry out those steps on the server.
- If any customers are signed into the Sage 50 organization on the scheduled backup time and the choice to Log out customers previous to running backup isn’t enabled, the backup will now no longer proceed.
- It is suggested to shop the backups to a specific folder installation for backup documents, and to have this folder sponsored as much as an off-web website online place or outside power periodically to save you records loss ought to hardware failure occur.
- To view the log of computerized backups, browse to the folder wherein the backup configuration report (.PTC) changed into saved, and open the .txt report with the equal call.
So, this guide ends with a hope that it’ll help you in the Sage 50 Automatic Backup. But in any case, you got stuck or facing difficulties then do connect the team of experts via Sage technical support helpdesk number or do a 24*7 live chat with dedicated experts.