Microsoft Windows, your operating system, is frequently altering with every new update. Unfortunately, the old Sage 50 application isn’t getting the updates required to hang with the new updated operating system. As a result, Sage experience problem to keep the current programs running smoothly, and you tend to encounter SAGE 50 2019 HAS STOPPED WORKING issue.
If you wish to run the older application and do not upgrade it annually, the resolution is to shift to Microsoft Windows 8 or 7. It is recommended to upgrade the Sage 50 software if you want to run Windows 10 so that the solution matches with the operating system. It is possible that you may still receive SAGE 50 2019 HAS STOPPED WORKING issue even after an update. Go through the lines to find steps to fix the issue.
Cause of Sage 50 2019 Has Stopped Working
- Issues installing recent Windows update
- Damaged in the Windows update installation
- Update was interrupted
Resolution of Sage 50 2019 Has Stopped Working
Method 1: Set Sage 50 icon to run in the compatibility mode for Windows 8
NOTE: This method applies only to Microsoft Windows 10 version users
- Right-click on Sage 50 Accounting icon and click on properties.
- Next, select the Compatibility tab.
- Check mark on the box located next to Compatibility mode section, drop down the menu and click on Windows 8
- Click on OK and open Sage 50.
- Verify the issue is resolved and the program runs smoothly.
Also, while on Compatibility tab:
- Check mark on run as administrator
- Check mark on Override High DPI Scaling.
These adjustments should be made on every window 10 operating system and on the server machine.
Note: If you find that the Sage icon is on Windows Quick Launch Tool bar, you need to select the icon and right click on it then Un-pin it from the taskbar. After changing the desktop icon with the above steps, you need to drag the desktop icon towards the Windows Quick Launch Tool bar in order to re-pin it.
Method 2: If the Update did not install properly
- Close the displayed error message.
- Turn off any installed Anti-virus programs in the system
- Ensure that the Firewalls aren’t blocking the service release.
- Next, press on the Windows + R keys on the keyboard to go to Run window
- Type in regedit then click on OK.
- Form Registry Editor, find to the registry key suitable for your Windows and Sage 50 version.
- Right-click on Version string then click on Modify
- From Value Data field, you need to change the version number
- Once you are done, click on OK, and close Registry Editor.
- Next, install the update again
- Once the installation completes, Sage should open without errors.
Sage 50 Tech Support
If the error still occurs even after performing the steps, then you should immediately call our helplinenumber.support support team. We have a team of experts who can help you quickly resolve the issue. Simply call us on our Sage 50 support number +, email us at email@example.com, or chat with us live at Sage Chat Support.