QuickBooks Error 1706 may happen when a client attempts an establishment from a removable media, for instance, a CD or DVD. When there is some issue with the establishment of QB Point of Sale, a client may get QuickBooks Error Code 1706. A client can get QuickBooks POS Error 1706 when the individual endeavors to begin the Point of Sale installer. The error message that shows up on the screen says that a legitimate source was not found while attempting to open POS. In this article, you will learn why you may get QuickBooks Error 1706 and what you can do resolve QuickBooks Error 1706. To keep working easily, it is imperative to determine QuickBooks POS Error 1706 as ahead of schedule as possible.
Why does QuickBooks Error 1706 occur?
- The source, for example, a CD, DVD or Install Shield from which QB Point of Sale has been introduced is harmed or defiled, so significant POS parts couldn’t be introduced.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 that is introduced on your PC is a beta adaptation.
- Microsoft .NET Framework variant introduced on your framework isn’t good, not appropriately introduced, or is not completely introduced.
- There is some issue with the arrangement of the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Windows documents or parts that are required by QuickBooks Point of Sale to work appropriately are either harmed or missing.
- Files are over divided.
- Hardware or Random-Access Memory (RAM) decay.
- There are such a large number of uses that start during the Windows startup.
- There are errors identified with POS in the Windows library.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1706:
Following solutions are available to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 1706 –
Use the System File Checker tool:
- Click on the Start in the base left of your screen.
- Type these words in the pursuit box – Command Prompt or cmd.
- In the indexed lists, do a right-click on Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as executive alternative. Whenever required enter the executive secret phrase.
- If in the event that, your PC is utilizing Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1 or 8 working framework, you need to run the DISM instrument before running the System File Checker (SFC) apparatus.
- Type SFC/scan now in the Command Prompt window.
- Press the Enter key on the console.
- The System File Checker (SFC) instrument will sweep and after that fix undermined framework records.
- The Command Prompt window ought not be shut until the check procedure is completely finished.
- Now, check whether QuickBooks Error 1706 is happening.
Use the Microsoft Fix it tool:
Microsoft Fix it is a great tool developed by Microsoft to repair problems, including corrupted Windows registry keys, that make it difficult for a user to install or remove programs. This tool is no longer supported by Microsoft, so you should use another tool known as Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter. To use this tool, follow these steps –
- Firstly, go to the Microsoft website to download the mechanical assembly.
- Click on the download button.
- A record download trade box will get opened.
- Now, select either Save or Open.
- Run this gadget as an administrator.
- Check whether QuickBooks POS Error 1706 is appearing or not.
Install QuickBooks POS Again:
Uninstalling and reinstalling Point of Sale may fix QB POS Error 1706. To install QB POS, follow these steps –
- First of all, go to QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale download page and download it. On the off chance that you have an unscratched establishment CD that doesn’t have any indications of harm, you can utilize it.
- After downloading, explore to the area where you have spared the downloaded QuickBooks Point of Sale executable record. Ideally, it ought to be on your PC’s work area.
- Double-click the executable document in order to run the POS programming establishment.
- If you see a message requesting that you overwrite the current separated records, click on the Yes to All choice.
- Click on the Next catch with the goal that the establishment procedure can begin.
- Accept the Software License Agreement and after that snap on the Next catch.
- Now, you will be provoked to type your License and Product numbers.
- After that snap on the Next catch.
Presently, you will be asked whether you need to utilize single or more PCs with QB POS. On the off chance that solitary a solitary client needs to utilize POS, pick Only this PC. In the event that different clients need to utilize POS, you need to choose at least two PCs and look over the two choices – Server workstation or Client workstation. A Server workstation is answerable for making and holding your QB organization information. Customer workstation goes about as the sales register that causes clients in everyday deals. Mull over that if regardless, you need to change POS programming establishment type from server to customer workstation or the other way around, you are required to first uninstall and after that reinstall POS.
- Click on the Install catch to proceed. On the off chance that on the off chance that, you need to return to the past screen, click on the Back catch.
- After the establishment procedure is finished, restart your PC.
- Finally, enact QB POS.
- Now, check whether you are getting QuickBooks Error 1706.
Update QuickBooks Point of Sale:
Follow the steps given below to update QuickBooks POS the latest release-
Explore to the Downloads and Update web page page on the Intuit’s QuickBooks website.
- Select QB Point of Sale as the thing in the Product drop-down menu.
- Next, you have to pick the discharge.
- After picking the discharge, you have to pick adjustment or year.
- Now, click on the Search button.
- Click on the association with the name – Get the latest updates.
- When incited, save the record.
- Double-click the downloaded report to present the updates.
- Restart Windows after you have presented the updates.
In case that you can’t apply any of the above solutions, or if even subsequent to applying the above arrangements, QuickBooks Error 1706 is as yet showing up, at that point contact our accomplished QuickBooks specialized help specialists to get prompt assistance. Our guaranteed specialized specialists are accessible nonstop and can be come to at our without toll QuickBooks Support Number 1-800-910-4754. They give the best answers for a wide range of QuickBooks issues and errors.