If you are facing the QuickBooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20, this article might be helpful. QuickBooks is an accounting software that helps small and mid-sized businesses monitor their daily transactions and keep track of sales and expenses. Error code 20 usually occurs when users upgrade to Windows 8 or 10.The error prevents users from printing or sending invoices and payslips.
Causes of Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20:
- This error usually occurs if the HKey_current_config\Software key is deleted.
- As QuickBooks (QB) uses the same registry key, the outdated key prevents QB and the printer from functioning properly.
- If users face this problem and can’t save invoices or pay slips as PDFs, then the PDF driver for QB might be incompatible with the operating system.
NOTE: Before users make any changes to the registry, they must back up the existing registry because the old registry will be required if the modified registry can’t rectify the error. Users must also create a system recovery point to address any further complications.
Backing up the registry:
Users must navigate to the Registry Editor and click the computer that is seen at the top of the folder tree on the left. Next, they should select File, Export and then Save. This will back up the registry.
Creating system restore point:
Users must first search System Restore from the Start button, where an option for creating a new system restore point will be found. Then, in the System Properties window, the Protection Setting must be enabled local disk C. Then, users must select Apply, followed by Save to create the system restore point.
1 : Reinstalling QB:
Users must navigate to the Control Panel and select Programs (Applications) and Features. Then, they must find QuickBooks and select Uninstall QuickBooks.
Next, a new copy of a version of QB that’s compatible must be downloaded and reinstalled. Then, the computer must be restarted.
NOTE: If the issue is with the PDF converter, users must uninstall the driver and install a driver compatible with the OS.
2 : Manually updating the registry key:
This can be done in 2 ways:
1 : Giving permission using Registry Editor:
- Users must first open the registry editor by pressing the Start key and typing reedit. They must then right-click on reed it and select Run As Administrator.
- Next, they should search for HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and then right-click on the Software folder and choose Permission.
- Then, users must check the table to see if they have full control and then select OK and close the window and the registry editor.
- This will give QB access to the keys and the problem should be solved.
2 : Giving permission using Powershell script:
- This option only works on Windows 10. The user for whose account permission is being sought must be logged in. The user account must also have access to the command prompt.
- First, user must press the Start button and type in cmd in the search box. Then, the user must right-click on cmd and choose Run As Administrator.
- Then, user must type Powershell in the command prompt and press Enter. Ask our QuickBooks experts what needs to be pasted in the command prompt. This should fix the error.
NOTE: Users must check USB connections on a regular basis and also run anti-virus software to prevent such errors from occurring.
If the Quickbooks Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 is still not solved, or if users need more information, then they can call our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free helpline number +1800-961-4623.