Point of Sale is one of the maximum crucial components of QuickBooks however it isn’t an easy utility as it has such a lot of errors that could create predicament at the same time as you are working. QuickBooks POS client can not connect with server is one such errors that could come upon and you would possibly locate it difficult to clear up this mistake.
QuickBooks POS is retail software program that includes hardware utility. This software program permits you to combine a few different software program like Payroll, QuickBooks and different. QuickBooks POS is available in 3 variations i.e. Basic, Pro and Multi-Store. You probably getting this error because of the multi-consumer errors.
You can get in touch with QuickBooks POS Support team if you come across any kind of error while working on POS.
Causes Of This Error:
- Server isn’t set for multi-user mode
- Window Firewall or different third party application is limiting the network.
- Network connection issues
- Dynamic IP is in use.
- Improper configuration for Network sharing and folder permission.
We have mentioned some important tips that you need to keep in mind while fixing this QuickBooks POS error:
- Ensure the system requirements
- Reboot your system and server
- Go via every and each port and restart all the connections
- Ensure the consumer computing device connection which is linked to the LAN and the Server. Make certain that the conversation between them is proper.
- You ought to be the usage of your laptop as an Administrator.
In this article, we have provided three different methods to solve QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server error:
Solution 1: Set your server to multi user mode:
- Open the QuickBooks POS and press on the File menu
- From the drop-down list, click on Switch Company File to Multi-User Mode
- Restart the QuickBooks POS application to make sure that the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Network discover option is to be turned on:
- Open the Control Panel
- Go to the Network and Sharing Center alternative
- Click at the Change superior sharing putting
- Enlarge your community profile
- Click on Turn on from the Network Discovery
- Click at the All Networks alternative from putting alternative
- Head to the Protected Sharing pan and click on at the Turnoff Protected Sharing
- Close the window and restart your computer
Solution 3: Renaming the WSActivity Files:
- Locate the folder wherein the WSActivity record is stored.
- Right click on at the record and rename it to OLDWSActivity.
- Close all of your QuickBooks POS utility and open it again.
Reach Us For Support:
By following the mentioned steps, you will be able to solve the QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server error. However, if the error still persists, then you can dial our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-787-8678 or chat with our QuickBooks online support team 24×7.