QuickBooks Error 3371 is encountered when QuickBooks is opened. One of the following messages appears:
- Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371:
- Some component/file necessary for QuickBooks for functioning has been damaged or missing. It could be one of the following:
- -QB registration.dat: This is a QB installation file that stores license info about QuickBooks. When QuickBooks becomes active, the license info must be recovered and validated. QuickBooks won’t open if this file is damaged.
- -MSXML component: This Microsoft component is also needed by QuickBooks for running successfully. It lets QuickBooks recover the info in the QB registratio.dat file, helping QuickBooks open.
- The operating system is outdated or an anti-virus software is blocking some QuickBooks files.
- The issue might also occur if the file is being opened without saving it. The .QBO file must be saved before it is imported.
- First the current Windows must be installed. If the updates aren’t installed, the QuickBooks installation might fail or be damaged.
- After clicking on the Windows logo, choose All Programs and then choose Windows Update. After the updates are installed, QuickBooks must be installed.
- Then, the following steps must be completed in the given order:
NOTE : If the first solution fixes the issue, these steps need not be taken.
- The Damaged Entitlementdatastore.Ecml File Must Be Recreated For Fixing License And Registration Problems
- First, QuickBooks must be closed and all QuickBooks processes that are running must be stopped.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc for opening the Task Manager.
- In Windows 10, select More Details for displaying the Task Manager. Then, choose the Processes tab and then choose the Process Name header for sorting the processes in alphabetical order.
- Now, look for all QBW32.EXE files and then choose End Task.
- Now, the entitlement data folder for the operating system and QuickBooks version must be opened.
- Press Windows + R for opening the Run window and then type in C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6). Now, press Enter. The location of the folder is same for all versions of QuickBooks Desktop and Enterprise.
- Next, right-click on the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and choose Delete. Then, choose Yes as confirmation that file must be deleted.
- Now, the company file must be opened, and the instructions followed for registering the application.
- If QuickBooks Point of Sale is installed, it must also be re-registered, as it also uses the same EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
Fixing Microsoft .Net Framework, Msxml And C++ Problems With The Quickbooks Install Diagnostic Tool:
NOTE : After the tool is run, QuickBooks might have to be re-registered or reactivated. If users are uncomfortable performing these steps, or there’s an error while installing Windows updates, an IT expert must be contacted for help.
1 : Running the QB Install tool:
- After downloading the QB Install Diagnostic Tool it must be saved on the desktop, when prompted. All open programs must be closed and then the QB Install Tool must be run. This process might take nearly 20 minutes to complete.
- After running the tool, the computer must be rebooted, so that the components are updated properly.
2 : Downloading Windows updates:
- After Windows updates are downloaded, all missing improvements related to .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ issues will be installed.
- QuickBooks might not install or open properly if the Windows OS is outdated. Windows updates can be accessed by pressing the Windows key and then typing Windows Updates in the search box. After updates are installed, the computer must be rebooted. Then, QuickBooks must be opened to check if the issue has been fixed.
3 : Fixing QuickBooks and Microsoft components problems manually:
If QB Install doesn’t fix the problem, expert assistance is required for fixing QuickBooks and Microsoft components issues manually.
4 : Installing/uninstalling QuickBooks in Selective Startup:
If the problem still occurs while installing QuickBooks, or trying any of the given solutions, the problem might be with the computer or the OS.
The Final Step Is To Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install.
Some of the steps have been mentioned briefly. To know more about these steps and other queries, please call our QuickBooks Technical Support Team at this toll-free number 1800-961-4623. The QuickBooks Tech Support team can provide assistance on a wide range of QuickBooks-related issues.