The QuickBooks Error code 1603 ordinarily shows up when clients are either attempting to introduce or to refresh QuickBooks. This is a serious huge issue since QuickBooks needs to remain refreshed on the off chance that you need to stay in contact with the most recent assessment records, particularly in the event that you just entered another year. In any case, the mistake can be very simple to fix in the event that you realize where to start. The blunder is normally shown along the accompanying mistake message:
- QuickBooks Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version] OR
- QuickBooks Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error.
This doesn’t really imply that the issue happens essentially in light of Microsoft .NET Framework however broken .NET Framework documents are the fundamental driver. Moreover, the blunder may happen if the establishment documents of QuickBooks are degenerate. Adhere to the directions underneath so as to fix this issue.
Solution 1: Repair or Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework
There are two different ways on how you can approach this arrangement. You can either utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool or let it sweep and fix issues identified with Microsoft .NET Framework, or you can attempt to take care of the issue physically. The apparatus is very productive however managing the issue physically may enable you to acknowledge what the genuine issue was.
Using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool:
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool by tapping on the accompanying connection which will start the download procedure right away.
- When provoked, spare the document to the Desktop or have it spared to the Download organizer consequently.
- Close any running projects at that point run the program by double tapping on the QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe which is the document you just downloaded.
- Note: The way toward diagnosing may take as long as 20 minutes to finish, contingent upon your web speed and PC’s exhibition.
- Once the document has completed with its procedure, ensure you restart your PC so as to ensure that the sum total of what segments have been effectively refreshed.
Diagnosing the Problem Manually:
- On your console, utilize the Windows Key + R key blend to open the Run exchange box.
- Type in Control Panel and snap OK so as to open it.
- Click the Uninstall a Program choice and snap Turn Windows includes on or off. Ensure you find the .NET Framework 4.5 or 4.7 sections and ensure its empowered.
- If the check box alongside .NET Framework 4.5 or 4.7 isn’t empowered, empower it by tapping the crate. Snap OK to close the Windows Feature window and reboot the PC.
- If .Net Framework 4.5 is now empowered, you can fix .Net Framework by clearing the crate and rebooting the PC. After the PC has restarted, re-empower .Net Framework and restart the PC once more.
- Verify that .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is empowered by finding it on a similar rundown and checking the container alongside it.
- If the check box by .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 isn’t empowered, empower it by tapping the container. Snap OK to close the Windows Feature window and reboot the PC.
- If .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is as of now empowered, you can fix it by clearing the container and rebooting the PC. After the PC has restarted, re-empower .NET Framework and restart the PC once more.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Using a Clean Install
If the error code mentioned above appears when updating QuickBooks, the best solution would be to simply reinstall it using a clean install.
A clean install is usually done when one of the program’s features are damaged and need repair and also when the usual reinstall fails to provide any comfort or a solution to the problem. In order to start the installation process make sure you have the setup file you downloaded from QuickBooks Support’ official site. You will also need your license number before you start.
- First of all, make sure you are logged in with an administrator account as you won’t be able to delete programs using any other account.
- Backup the data you want to save because deleting QuickBooks will remove it.
- Click on the Start menu and open Control Panel by searching for it. Alternatively, you can click on the gear icon in order to open settings if you are using Windows 10.
- In Control Panel, select to View as: Category at the top right corner and click on Uninstall a Program under the Programs section.
- If you are using the Settings app, clicking on Apps should immediately open a list of all installed programs on your PC.
- Locate Quickbooks in Control Panel or Settings and click on Uninstall.
- QuickBooks’ uninstall wizard should open with two options: Repair and Remove. Select Remove and click Next in order to uninstall the program.
- A message will pop up asking “Do you want to completely remove QuickBooks for Windows?” Choose Yes.
- Click Finish when the uninstalled completes the process and restart your computer to see whether errors will still appear.
- The next thing in the process is to rename the installation folders so that QuickBooks does not use the remaining files after you reinstall it. This is an easy task.
- Navigate to the C >> Windows folder on your computer by clicking on This PC option located at your desktop.
- Note: If you are not able to see some of the folders we mention below, you will need to enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders option from within the folder.
- Click on the “View” tab on File Explorer’s menu and click on the “Hidden items” checkbox in the Show/hide section. File Explorer will show the hidden files and will remember this option until you change it again.
- Navigate to each of the folders displayed below and rename them by adding ‘.old’ to their name. This means that the new installation of QuickBooks won’t use these folders or the files located in them.
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)
- 64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- Note: You may end up receiving the “Access Denied” error when you try to rename these folders. This only means that one of the QuickBooks processes is running and it prevents you from modifying any of the files and folders these processes are using. Follow the steps below to fix this:
- Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination in order to bring up the Task Manager. Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl + Alt + Del key combination and select Task Manager from the menu. You can also search for it in the Start menu.
- Click on More details in order to expand the task manager and search for the entries displayed below on the list in the Processes tab of Task Manager, right-click on each one of them, and choose the End task option from the context menu which appears.
- Click Yes to the message which is going to be displayed: “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and system instability….”
- Now you are ready to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop by running the file you downloaded earlier. The link is at the very start of this Solution. Follow the instructions which appear on screen and check to see if the same error appears.
QuickBooks error 1603 the procedure mentioned above will help you solve the error efficiently. If the error persists, it is advisable to contact QuickBooks desktop support number. They provide very effective and easy ways to solve the error and get you going. They also provide 24*7 QuickBooks Online Technical Support. You can also contact them at ☎ +1855-787-8678