This article shows how to fix QuickBooks update error 12007. QuickBooks is a business solutions software that allows small and medium enterprises to manage their payments, billing & payroll. QuickBooks error 12007 occurs when a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update is downloaded.
Causes of QuickBooks 2018 Update Error 12007:
- This error occurs when QuickBooks cannot use the computer’s internet connection. QB can’t identify the internet connection because anti-virus software, firewall etc. block QuickBooks Desktop download.
- The error could also occur if Internet Explorer isn’t the default browser or the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) box isn’t selected in Internet Explorer Options.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Update Error:
NOTE: Steps 5 and 6 mentioned below are meant for checking if any application or process is blocking the download process. If this is happening, this issue must be fixed.
Step 1: Users must first check that a secure website outside QuickBooks can be accessed. This could be the sign-in page of the users’ financial institutions.
Step 2: The SSL settings should be checked.
“Configuring SSL settings for Internet Explorer in QuickBooks”
- Users must select Help > Internet Connection Setup in QB. Then, the correct Internet connection must be chosen, followed by Next.
- Now, choose Advanced Connection Settings. If this option isn’t available, users must try the steps for configuring SSL settings in Internet Explorer.
- Next, the Advanced tab must be selected, followed by the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 check boxes. Then, users must choose Apply, followed by OK for closing the Internet Connection Settings
- Next, choose Done for closing the QuickBooks Internet Connection Setup Now close all Internet Explorer windows, QuickBooks 2018 Update Error 12007 and reopen it. Now, the QB payroll update must be downloaded.
Step 3: Users must check that Internet Explorer is their default browser and if any other browser is being used as the default one. If you are unable to do so, please contact our QuickBooks Tech Support Team .
Step 4: The Internet Explorer settings must be reviewed
- After closing QB, Internet Explorer (IE) must be opened and then Tools chosen, followed by Internet Options. Then, choose the Security tab, followed by the globe icon (at the top of the window) and verify that the security for this zone is set at Medium-High.
- Now, choose the Connections tab: If dial-up node (DUN) isn’t used, then choose Never Dial A Connection. If DUN is used, ensure that the right ISP is chosen and then choose OK.
- Now, choose the LAN Settings button at the tab’s bottom and make sure that the box meant for Automatically Detect Settings is selected.
- Now, check that the Use A Proxy Server box is unchecked. If there’s any check mark in the use A Proxy Server box, note down the whole address and port. The port isn’t port 80, Use A Proxy Server must not be unchecked. If it is port 80, the box can be unchecked for the sake of testing.
- Once done, chose OK in the LAN Settings screen.
- Next, choose the Advanced tab: First, choose the Restore Advanced Settings then, find the Use TLS 1.2 under Settings. These options might not be available in certain versions of IE.
- Now, it must be verified if Use TLS 1.2 is selected.
- Next, choose Ok for closing the Internet Options window and then close IE and restart the computer. Now, QB must be opened and the update retried.
Step 5: Now, internet security, firewall and parental control applications must be configured for QB updates, tax table updates, sending payroll data and Windows firewall. The firewall might have to be reconfigured for providing access to some ports.
Step 6: If the previous steps couldn’t fix the problem, Windows must be started in safe mode with networking and then the update must be downloaded again.
Step 7: Once the computer is restarted, QuickBooks updates must be reset and then users must try to download and install the QuickBooks. The company file must be in single-user mode.
Step 8: Internet Explorer must be repaired.
Step 9: A clean install of QuickBooks must be done in Selective Startup mode.
If users are unable to complete these steps, our QuickBooks Desktop tech Support team is available at this toll-free helpline number +1800-961-4623 or you can also connect with us through Quickbooks live chat support option at any hour of the day.