There are a variety of issues that might prevent LMN’s QuickBooks Sync tool from connecting to your company file.
QuickBooks Company File is Already Open:
The most popular QuickBooks error is a message saying that ‘the company file is already open’.
Here are a variety of steps you can try to correct the issue:
The LMN QuickBooks Sync tool cannot connect to some versions of Quickbooks:
- QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks for Mac.
- QB version must be 2017 or newer.
- QuickBooks Basic version is not supported for integration (QuickBooks setting). QB version must be Pro, QuickBooks Premier, Contractor, Accountant versions.
- You must be trying to connect using a QuickBooks account with ADMINISTRATOR privileges.
If you’re getting a message that the ‘company file is already open’, QuickBooks is already open and is preventing LMN from connecting.
Try the following steps to correct the issue:
- Shut down QuickBooks and restart. Also, shut down the LMN QuickBooks Sync tool and restart. Try again.
- Reboot your system. If QuickBooks is installed on a server or another machine, you MUST reboot your server as well.
- With QuickBooks open, press F2 (or Function + F2) and look at the file/path of your QuickBooks company file. It must match the file/path used in the LMN QuickBooks Sync tool exactly… If you’re using mapped drives to connect with LMN Sync, you should use the real computer names/folders instead
- Click HERE for a possible workaround that can resolve this issue.
- There is a known bug in some versions of QuickBooks. Disable QuickBooks Quick Start.
- From the Edit menu (in Quickbooks), select Preferences.
- Choose the General menu and click the My Preferences tab.
- Clear the Keep QuickBooks Running for quick startups checkbox (should be left unchecked).
- Click OK .
If these steps fail, you should proceed to making sure all the latest updates for QuickBooks are installed. There are KNOWN ISSUES with some versions of QuickBooks that they fixed in application updates.