Find out how to track account balances using different class tracking in QuickBooks Desktop.
Class tracking in QuickBooks lets you track account balances through department, enterprise office or vicinity, separate properties, or any other significant breakdown of your commercial enterprise. This lets you track segments you want to keep a near eye on.
For example, if you have pub/cafe at 3 locations, you can create Uptown, Midtown, and Downtown class to track account balances via vicinity. If you’re a farmer, you can create a class for every enterprise: corn, hogs, and soybeans. At the give up of an accounting period, you may create separate reviews for the restaurant and the farm per vicinity and enterprise, respectively.
Fellow the Step to Setup and Use Class Tracking:
Step 1: Turn on class tracking:
- Open your business enterprise file.
- Go to the Edit menu, then choose Preferences.
- Select Accounting, then go to the Company Preferences tab.>
- Select the Use class tracking for transactions checkbox.
- If you want a reminder when you haven’t assigned an elegance, pick the Prompt to assign lessons checkbox.
- Select OK.
- Go to the QuickBooks menu, then choose Preferences.
- In the Workflow section, select Transactions.
- Select the Use elegance monitoring checkbox, then close the Preferences page to keep the changes.
Step 2: Set up class categories for expenses and accounts:
- Go to the Lists menu, then choose Class List.
- From the Class ▼ drop-down menu, pick out New.
- Enter the elegance name.
- If it’s a subclass, choose the Subclass of checkbox and discover the elegance it’s below in.
- Select OK to add it.
- Go to the Lists menu, then choose Classes.
- Select Create(+).
- Enter the class name.
- If it’s a subclass, select the Subclass of checkbox and find the class it’s under in.
- Press OK to add it.
Use class tracking:
You can assign a class to the following transactions:
- Sales receipt
- Sales order
- Statement Charges
- Refunds and credits
- Credit card charges
- Purchase order
Since class tracking in QuickBooks can be used in maximum transactions, it makes it easier so as to generate reports to compare the balances across multiple classes, departments, or locations.
Follow the steps accordingly to get it done smoothly without having any problems. You can also get connected easily through QuickBooks technical support team at toll-free number +1-800-910-4754 or you can also connect with us through Quickbooks live chat support team. The team is here 24/7 hours to help you out if you have any issues or queries. The members of the team are well mannered, experienced, friendly, and matured to understand all your glitches and do resolve it easily