Learn how to set up and start using your new Payroll for QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. Payroll for Desktop or Online makes it easy to manage payroll, whether you choose to do it yourself, or let us do it for you.
Here’s a handy guide for putting in your Payroll. We also put together essential data you want to get began with payroll tasks, from paying employees to taking care of taxes.
What you need before setting up Payroll:
Here’s the setup records you want for Desktop or Online Payroll. You can get this data from your previous payroll provider, your own records, your accountant, or from federal and state agencies.
- Company information
- Compensation and benefits
- Direct deposit
- Tax information
- Prior payrolls
- Liability information
Set up QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic or Enhanced:
Make sure to activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll first before running the Payroll Setup Wizard.
Activate a payroll service purchased from a retail store:
Learn how to activate your QuickBooks Desktop payroll service purchased from retail.
Did you purchase your payroll service from a retail store? We show you the way to activate it the usage of QuickBooks Desktop.
The payroll you have bought is for a 1 12 months subscription, and restricted wide variety of employees. The credit score card you enter may be used for the following:
Renewal of the subscription: The subscription will automatically renew a 12 months after activating your payroll. You’ll be notified at the least 30 days in advance previous to the automated renewal of your service.
Per Employee Fee: Depends on the quantity of personnel that you pay in a month, and it’s debited the following month. Example: The consistent with employee price for the personnel paid in January may be debited on your billing day of the subsequent month (February).
Activate the payroll service:
- Select Employees, then Payroll, pick out Install Payroll from Box. (If you do not see Install Payroll from Box, your QuickBooks Desktop may have already got a payroll subscription. Contact us to set off your new payroll subscription.)
- Complete the fields inside the Payroll License and Product Information page. Your QuickBooks Desktop Payroll license number is displayed on a brightly colored decal at the folder inside your box. The product number is included in the guidelines on the folder. These numbers work together to pick out and confirm your Payroll subscription. They also produce a legitimate provider key, which you will use to liberate your payroll subscription.
- Select Continue.
- Complete the fields within the Payroll Company Legal Information section. All fields are required except detailed as optional.
The Federal employer ID number (EIN) appears on the tax filings:
- Read the disclaimer in the Billing Information section. Enter the payment and contact records needed.
- Select Continue.
- Log in to your Intuit Account.
- Select the Start Payroll button in the Confirmation.
Learn how to activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll when purchased online or by phone:
To enter the service key in QuickBooks Desktop:
- From the Employees menu, pick Payroll, and pick Enter Service Key.
- If you have an existing payroll subscription, you are prompted to specify if you want to feature this record for your payroll subscription. Select Skip to go to the Service Key window, or Add File to feature this document to an existing Payroll subscription.
- Select Add.
- Enter the service key, and select Next. A affirmation message appears.
- Select Finish.
QuickBooks Desktop downloads the latest tax table and verifies your payroll subscription.
If you are unable to activate Payroll, you can contact us for support at QuickBooks technical support team at toll free number .