This article deals with QuickBooks maintenance release error 15215. QuickBooks Desktop is an accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses. The following error message is seen when payroll updates are being downloaded:
QuickBooks Error 15215: “Unable to verify digital signature”.
Causes of QuickBooks error 15215:
- The error occurs if there’s any error with an application that’s running in the background when a payroll update is being downloaded. The application might require a lot of bandwidth, thus stopping QuickBooks from connecting to the server.
- The problem may also occur if a firewall, or firewall setting is preventing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from establishing a connection with the update server.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error 15215:
Restart the system:
When the computer is restarted, an application that’s blocking QuickBooks to close or reset the settings opens up a connection that’s blocked. If the problem is solved by restarting the computer, but error 15215 recurs, users must check all programs running that might be creating the conflict.
Follow the steps below in the given sequence to solve the issue:
Running QuickBooks as Windows admin-
- When QuickBooks is run as Windows Administrator, QuickBooks is given priority over almost any other program in Windows. This also instructs Windows to permit QuickBooks to utilize any necessary resource for running without any error.
- First, QuickBooks must be closed. Then, users must right-click on the QuickBooks icon on the computer’s desktop and choose Run As Administrator.
- If the message “Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?” appears, users must choose Yes.
Verifying that Use TLS 1.0 is checked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 are unchecked in Internet Options of Internet Explorer:
- After closing QuickBooks Desktop, users must open Internet Explorer. There, they must choose Tools-> Internet Options. Next, the Advanced tab must be selected.
- Then, in Settings users must scroll for finding Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1and Use TLS 1.2 In certain versions of Internet Explorer, these options might not be seen.
- Now, it must be verified that Use TLS 1.0 is checked, andUse TLS 1.1and Use TLS 1.2 are un
- Once this is done, choose OK for closing the window and then exit Internet Explorer. Now, the computer must be restarted and QuickBooks reopened. Then, users must try downloading the update again.
Restarting Windows in Selective Startup:
If the error isn’t fixed, users must check for applications that could be in conflict with the process of downloading the payroll update. One such application is the CA Security Center that causes conflicts with QuickBooks.
First QuickBooks must be closed. Then, Run must be selected:
- Windows XP: Select Start -> Run
- Windows Vista and 7: Select Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run
- 8 and 10 Windows: Press Windows + R
Then in the Run box, type “msconfig” and choose OK. This will open the System Configuration Utility.
-Now, Selective Startup must eb chosen and the Load Startup Items box must be unchecked. Then, OK must be chosen for saving the changes.
– Next, the computer must be restarted and QuickBooks reopened for downloading the current tax table.
-If the update can be downloaded, users must take all the previous steps for opening the System Configuration Utility.
-Then, the Normal Startup box must be selected and then users must select OK. Now, the computer must be restarted again.
If the QuickBooks Maintenance Release Error 15215 is still not solved, users might have to configure the Internet security, firewall or parental control settings. Please contact our QuickBooks technical support team if you are not sure how this can be done. For further information/help, please call our helplinenumber.support QuickBooks Technical Support team at this toll-free helpline number 1800-910-4754.