Intuit Data Protect (IDP) is one of the best extra to Intuit administrations. It encourages you to make a reinforcement of organization information records on secure servers. The IDP can be coordinated with the 2016 and later forms of QuickBooks. The Intuit Data Protect is able to take reinforcements of your information consequently. You simply need to initiate the administration and pick a period for the reinforcement.
Common Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Errors-
By and large, terrors in IDP happen because of the miss-arranged windows firewall settings. We’ve recorded the absolute most regular issues in the Intuit Data Protect with the goal that you can recognize the issue that you are confronting and resolve them. Most regular IDP errors are as given below.:
- Missing the Intuit Data Protect icon from the Windows task bar.
- IDP automatic startup no longer working.
- Scheduled backup is not working.
- Online backup failed, or IDP is not able to take online backups.
- Error 305 while taking backup.
- Error 8991 – (Backup encountered Back end error 8991).
- Back end error 2108 – (Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed: Firewall or connection issue).
- Intuit Data Protect login errors.
- IDP installation errors.
Causes of Intuit Data Protect Errors-
- Intuit Data Protect and QuickBooks are not updated to the latest release.
- You using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop or IDP
- Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks or the IDP services to get connected with the internet.
- Microsoft .NET Framework installed in your system is either outdated or its installation was corrupt
- You’ve entered wrong user credentials for the Intuit Data Protect
- Windows startup program list does not include the IDP services.
How to Solve Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Errors-
Solution 1: Make Sure QuickBooks Desktop Is Up-To-Date-
You need to update your QuickBooks software to the latest release in order to avoid the IDP errors.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Help
- Select Update QuickBooks option
- Go to the Update Now tab
- Make sure that the Data Protect is marked
- Click on Get Updates
- Once the update is finished, restart your system to apply changes
Solution 2: Update your QuickBooks Desktop Intuit Data Protect (IDP)-
Most of common of issues of Intuit Data Protect (IDP) can be resolved by simply updating it to the latest release.
- Open the Task Manager
- Locate the Intuit Data Protect icon in the system
- Right click on IDP and then select About Intuit Data Protect
- Click on Update option to update IDP
Solution 3: Make sure your system is set properly for Intuit Data Protect-
Make sure that IDP is set appropriately in Windows Firewall:
- Open the Firewall settings
- Select Allow an app through Windows Firewall
- Click on Allow Another app
- Click on Browse and navigate to Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\Data Protect.
- Now, you need to add the services one by one. Start form exe, follow the 6 and 7 steps first and then repeat this for IBUenghost.exe and IntuitDataProtect.exe.
- Go to the Network Types and check if the Private is marked or not. If not then mark it.
- Once you add the services, click on Add
Solution 4: Add Intuit Data Protect to your Trusted Sites-
There are a few websites that need to be added to the trusted sites settings in Internet Explorer for Intuit Data Protect (IDP) to function properly.
- Go to Start and in the search field, type Internet Options.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Go to the Security tab and then click on Trusted Sites.
- Click on the Sites
- Add the following Intuit Data Protect (IDP) and Intuit websites and make sure that Require server verification (https) is NOT checked.
- Click on Add.
- Click on Close & OK.
Solution 5: Check the length of your File Paths-
Windows operating system supports maximum 260 characters in a file path. You may face some issues while taking the backup through IDP is your file path reaches the maximum characters.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Go to the folder that contains the files that IDP fails to backup.
- Click on the white space in the address bar to show the full file path
- Copy the file path and paste it into Microsoft Work
If the file path has more than 200 characters then you need to shorten the names of the folders or files. If you still face the same issue then you need to get in touch with the QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-910-4754 toll-free.
Using the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool:
Number of Intuit Data Protect can be resolved by configuring the firewall settings properly so that the backups can be allowed. The IDP Diagnostic tool verifies you system memory, disk space, Windows components and IDP versions. It also runs a test connection to the IDP servers.
- Right-click on the IDP icon and from the drop-down list, select About Intuit Data Protect.
- On the About Intuit Data Protect window, press CTRL + F2 keys to run the diagnostic tool.
- Click on Run Diagnostic
- If the diagnostic tool identify any issue then the Error and Detailed Information displays in red. You can check out the char provided below to get detailed instructions to resolve every issue.
- You can click on Upload Diagnostic Errors if you face an issue that can’t be resolved manually.
Technical Support For Intuit Data Protect Services-
The above-mentioned steps will help you to fix all the common issues in the Intuit Data Protect (IDP). However, if you are still not able to use it properly then there might be chances that the data files present in your system are damaged. In such scenarios, you need to reach out the technical support department of Intuit. To do so, dial the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1800-910-4754.