QuickBooks Product and License Number is a unique code which helps you to install QuickBooks properly. You can find this code in your email or on the scratch card. Many times, the product and license code turn out to be wrong then you need to change it and try again.
How to Add License in QuickBooks?
- Open QuickBooks and press F2, this will open the Product Information
- In the upper left corner, you will see the number of User Licenses.
If you want to know the pricing information for adding more users then follow the steps given below:
- First of all, open QuickBooks and go to Help
- Now, choose to Manage My License and then select Buy Additional User License.
- After that, click on Add Seats Online link to know the current pricing.
For buying additional user licenses, read the steps below:
- The first step is to open QuickBooks and go to the Help menu.
- Choose Manage My License and then select Buy Additional User License.
Important: If you cannot see the Buy Additional User License, it means that QB is at the maximum user’s allowed.
- Now, install QB Desktop on other systems depending upon the number of licenses you have purchased.
- You need to use the same license and product numbers to install QB Desktop.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to activate QB Desktop.
How to Find Missing License and Product Number?
- The license and product numbers are available on the scratch sticker present next to the UPC code.
- Installation number is also present in the confirmation mail you received while buying the product from Intuit.
- The main computer system where you have installed the original product:
- Begin the installation by inserting the CD. The process will start automatically.
- Now, choose Reinstall.
- After that, note down the numbers mentioned in the License and Product Number window and select Cancel.
- The fulfillment email when the latest QuickBooks version.
Wrong QuickBooks License and Product Number:
Many times, QuickBooks activation doesn’t work due to wrong QB License and Product Number. Therefore, follow the methods given below to fix the problem:
Change QuickBooks License Number (Windows Users)-
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to Help
- Now, select the option Manage My License.
- After that click on ‘Change My License Number’.
- You need to enter the New License Number and click on Next and Finish.
- Finally, restart your system.
Modify License Number and Product Code-
- First of all, open Tech Help window and press F2 or CTRL+1.
- After that, you have to press F3 or CTRl+2.
- Click on Open File tab and then select ‘dat.’
- Choose Open File and the file will open in Notepad.
- Now, create a backup for QB registration.dat’ file.
- In the end, close
Amend License Number and Product Code (MAC Users)-
- The first step is to open the QuickBooks Desktop for MAC.
- Go to QuickBooks Menu and then click on Manage My License
- After that click on Deauthorize this computer.
- A prompt dialog box will open, you have to click on ‘Deauthorize and’.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks again and follow the instructions to enter a different license number.
For further details, you can speak to our QuickBooks Pro Advisor. They hold great knowledge of QuickBooks and can guide you properly. Just dial our toll-free QuickBooks Desktop Support Phone Number 1-800-910-4754.