QuickBooks users document their deposits inside the software so that it exactly fits their bank information. In case, the bank record the payments separately, they want to add each fee one via one. The software permits its users to to connect their bank accounts and perform transactions directly from QB. Sometimes, it happens that deposits are brought or recorded incorrectly within the account register. In such cases, it becomes essential to undo the deposits without putting off it from the company’s charge document. For this, you need to know the procedure of how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks.
How to Delete a Deposit in QuickBooks?
These instructions will help you in understanding the right procedure of how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks. If you are wondering how do I delete a deposit in QuickBooks, then these steps will aid you:
- Firstly, you want to click on lists.
- Then, click on at the chart of accounts icon.
- Now, you have to double-click at the account.
- Next, double-click on on the deposit.
- In case, you want to delete a specific payment, you want to select it from the list.
- Click at the edit tab.
- You need to click on at the delete line.
- Finally, click at the delete deposit in case there’s a want to delete the whole deposit.
After learning the process of how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks, you need to know how to delete a payment from a deposit in QuickBooks.
Steps to Delete a Payment in QuickBooks :
- In the beginning, at the QuickBooks domestic page, you want to click on at the record deposits
- Now, click on on cancel in case you see price to deposit window in your system’s screen.
- Next, place the specific deposit that you have to delete. In case you didn’t find it, click on at the previous.
- Finally, you need to click at the edit menu after which click on on delete deposit. With this, click on ok in case you need to delete the charge.
Steps to Delete a Payment from Deposited Funds:
- Initially, visit the QuickBooks home page. You want to click on at the lists menu and then click on the chart of accounts.
- Then, double-click on undeposited funds.
- Now, click at the unique payment that you have to delete.
- In the end, open the edit menu, after which click on delete price. With this, click on good enough to delete the entry.
Steps to Delete Duplicate Payments in QuickBooks:
The chances of duplicate payments may occur in QuickBooks. If you have accidentally added the payment of a customer twice, these steps will help you to delete duplicate payments in QuickBooks:
- Firstly, open the software after which click on the corporation report to open it.
- Next, visit the banking menu and then click on make a deposit.
- Now, click on the line from where you need to delete duplicate payments and then click on on edit.
- You need to click on the delete line.
- Click on save.
- Thereafter click on at the chart of Accounts.
- You need to double-click on at the undeposited funds icon.
- Finally, go to the duplicate payment. You need to apply the edit button after which click on delete payment.
How to Undo a Deposit in QuickBooks?
These steps will help you to get back your deleted deposited amount from QuickBooks:
- Initially, on the QB homepage click on the document deposits icon. You need to click on make deposits.
- Now, if the bills to deposit window opens on the PC screen, then click on cancel icon.
- Click at the previous icon.
- Lastly, click on the edit menu and then click on on delete Deposit.
Steps to Delete Undeposited Funds:
Undeposited funds in QuickBooks keeps a record of remaining customer payments till you are capable to pay the amount. Understanding the process of deleting undeposited funds are essential to clear them:
- Firstly, click at the lists menu.
- Now, you need to click on the chart of accounts.
- Next, you need to double-click on undeposited funds.
- Afterwards, click on the deposit that you need to delete.
- Finally, click on the edit menu, and then click on delete payment.
Hopefully, you have got an information of the way to delete a deposit in QuickBooks. We had begun this blog with the cause to delete a deposit in QB and the system of deleting it. Secondly, we have also discussed the steps of the way to delete a price in QuickBooks, how to delete a charge from deposited funds, how to delete duplicate payments in QB. Lastly, we charted the steps involved to delete un deposited funds. In case you ever mistakenly upload the deposits inaccurately, then you may take the assist of this we blog.
If you still have queries related to how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks, then dial Toll-free +1-855-787-8678 or live chat with our QuickBooks technical support team at any hour of the day 24×7.