Intuit Data Protect is a subscription-based service offered by Intuit to protect your data from any type of damage like malware or virus attack, file corruption, theft, etc. Your files are backed up automatically on a daily basis. Intuit gives the freedom to backup just your QuickBooks file or multiple company files. If you want to subscribe to the Intuit Data Protect service then you can contact on QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1800-961-4623 to know about the features and subscription charges.
How To Set Up Intuit Data Protect?
First of all, you need to activate Intuit Data Protect and schedule automatic backup of company files. Follow the below steps to do it:
Step 1: Activate Intuit Data Protect And Schedule Automatic Backup
- Open QuickBooks on your system.
- Go to the File menu and then choose Back Up Company
- Click on Set Up/Activate Online Backup
- Now login to Intuit Data Protect accounts using Intuit Account Login.
- Go to the Backup Status section and click on Intuit Data Protect.
- Right-Click on the Intuit Data Protect icon at the bottom right of the system, choose Open Intuit Data Protect and then click Activate Now.
- Now Intuit Data Protect will ask you to restore your previous backup files. Select Yes if you want to restore, else choose No.
- Choose the QuickBooks file which you want to backup and then click Continue.
- Create a Schedule to back up the files and then click Continue. Keep clicking Continue till you reach the Home page of Intuit Data Protect.
- When the setup is over, choose OK.
When you care backing up the data for the first time then it may take some time. But next time it will take only a few minutes. For any error, while performing a backup, you can contact QuickBooks Customer Support Number 1800-961-4623 to get it resolved.
Step 2: Set Up Backup Notifications
- Right-Click on the Intuit Data Protect icon at the bottom right of the system, choose Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Click on the Change Backup Settings from the home screen of Intuit Data Protect.
- Keep clicking on Continue button till you reach Notification Email Settings
- Here, you have the option to be notified through email when:
- The backup fails.
- The backup is successful.
- The last good backup is older than a certain number of days.
- Other critical issues happen.
How To Backup Files Manually?
Intuit Data Protect backup up your company files automatically but you can also run back up anytime if you want. It won’t affect the scheduled backup for the day. Follow the below step to do it:
- Right-click on the Data Protect icon at the bottom right of the computer and click Open Intuit Data Protect.
- Click Back up now.
- Choose all files for backup and choose Continue.
- Choose Back up now to continue.
- A confirmation message will appear then select OK.
How To Download Backup Files?
- Open Intuit Data Protect and then choose Restore from Backup. A list of downloadable files will appear.
- Choose the file you need to download and then choose Continue.
- From the Select Backup Version window, choose the version you wish to restore, then click Close.
- You can view your restore point and then click Continue.
- Now choose the location where you want to restore the backup and then select Restore.
- When the restore is completed, a confirmation window will appear, click OK.
That is how Intuit Data Protect helps you to create a backup, restore a previous backup and download backup of your company files. IDP helps you to protect your data from all sorts of damage or corruption.
Technical Support For Intuit Data Protect-
Using Intuit Data Protect you can easily take Backup of your QuickBooks files anytime. The above steps will help you in taking a backup of your company file. If you require any assistance while performing the procedure then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number 1800-961-4623 to get expert advice. The error can occur when the files are damaged or corrupt. Our QuickBooks Error Support Team is always available to fix all types of QuickBooks issues. You can reach us anytime 24×7 throughout the year for getting assistance related to QuickBooks errors.